|OROBOROS||Products||Support||O2k-Publications||Workshops & Events||O2k-Network||Feedback||Company||Contact|
Abstract: O2k-Workshop on High-Resolution Respirometry: O2k-Basic and TPP-Basic. Schröcken, Vorarlberg, Austria; 2011 10 - 15 December
Labels: Additional: ORO, IOC, 2011
Hot topics in mitochondrial physiology - abstracts
|Bienholz 2011 Abstract IOC65||Bienholz AH, Feldkamp T, Weinberg JM (2011) Role of Nonesterified Fatty Acids in Respiratory Impariment and Mitochondrial Deenergization of Proximal Renal Tubules Secondary to Hypoxia/Reoxygenation. MiPNet16.03.|
|Ghosh 2011 Abstract IOC65||Ghosh SA, Lertwattanarak R, Richardson AG, Van Remmen H, DeFronzo RA, Musi N (2011) Effect of aging and exercise training on mitochondrial function in skeletal muscle. MiPNet16.03.|
|Goncalves 2011 Abstract IOC65||Gonçalves RL, Barretoc RFSM, Polycarpod CR, Castro SL, Gadelhae FR, Oliveira MF (2011) Comparative assessment of mitochondrial function on epimastigotes and bloodstream trypomastigotes of Trypanosoma cruzi. MiPNet16.03.|
|McDonald 2011 Abstract IOC65||McDonald AE (2011) Alternative oxidase respiratory capacity in eukaryotes and prokaryotes. MiPNet16.03.|
|Oliveira 2011 Abstract IOC65||Oliveira MP, Goncalves RLS, Oliveira MF (2011) Studies on the mitochondrial metabolism in the blood fluke Schistosoma mansoni. MiPNet16.03.|
|Panov 2011 Abstract IOC65||Panov A, Orynbayeva Z (2011) The bioenergetic signature of prostate cancer. MiPNet16.03.|
|Pinho 2011 Abstract IOC65||Pinho JPC, Goncalves RL, Oliveira MF (2011) Studies on the dynamic changes of mitochondrial function following a blood meal in the kissing bug Rhodnius prolixus. MiPNet16.03.|
- This workshop is a component of the K-Regio project MitoCom Tyrol.
- We thank the participants for taking the time to fill in the 'Feedback forms' and answer our questions.
|Add your photos >>||Look at photos >>|
Introductory Workshop in Parallel Sessions: O2k Basic and TPP Basic
The workshop is run in parallel sessions: O2k Basic and TPP Basic. Specific emphasis is placed on hands-on practical sessions with the instrument and the software DatLab 4.3, to introduce the participants into the technical and operational details of the method. The workshop programme is complemented by combined lectures (general topics; substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor titration SUIT protocols) and experiments run in "Special interest groups". Short presentations of 'Hot topics in Mitochondrial Physiology' provide participants with the opportunity to present and discuss their work, including projects in progress, methodological details and conceptual aspects. Please register for O2k Basic or TPP Basic according to your specific needs and interest.
- O2k Basic includes a basic introduction to the OROBOROS Oxygraph-2k, overview presentations on high-resolution respirometry (HRR), and applications in mitochondrial physiology.
- TPP Basic is customized particularly for users interested in MultiSensor applications, particularly ion selective electrodes for measurement of mitochondrial membrane potential (TPP+, TPMP+). It covers an introduction to basic concepts on mitochondrial membrane potential: proton pumps, ion gradients, electrochemical potential (proton motive force) and the measurement of mt-membrane potential in biological samples (homogenate, permeabilized fibres). Furthermore, data analysis (from TPP+ to mt-membrane potential) will constitue a major part. According to interest of the participant other MultiSensor applications, like measurement of Ca2+, calibration and calculation of free Ca2+ in buffered solutions and acidification rate (pH) can be discussed/demonstrated. Please indicate your topics of interest (Ca2+, pH etc.) in advance.
Lecturers and tutors
- Erich Gnaiger, Lecturer and tutor; DSL, Medical University Innsbruck, AT; OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS, AT
- Mario Fasching, Lecturer and tutor; OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS, AT
- Meissner Barbara, Administrative assistant; OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS, AT
- Dominik Pesta, Lecturer and tutor; Dept. Radiology, Medical University Innsbruck, AT
- Anna Draxl, Tutor; OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS, AT
- Andrea Eigentler, Tutor; DSL, Medical University Innsbruck, AT
- Anita Wiethuechter, Tutor; DSL, Medical University Innsbruck, AT
Invited guest tutor
- Carolina Doerrier, Tutor; Instituto de Biotecnología, Univ. Granada, ES
Participants and areas of interest
- Bechara Hirvonen Nada, FI: Mitochondrial dysfunction in experimental heart failure.
- Bienholz Anja, DE: Role of non-esterified fatty acids in respiratory impairment and mitochondrialde-energization of proximal tubules secondary to hypoxia/reoxygenation.
- Bosch Marta, ES
- Cannon Megan, NL: Metabolic remodeling in cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure.
- Cesnekova Jana, CZ: Oxidative phosphorylation system.
- Cotter Matthew, US: Changes in skeletal muscle respiration in burned children.
- Farsijani Navid, US: High resolution respirometry of mouse kidney tissue.
- Ghosh Sangeeta A, US: Effect of aging and exercise training on mitochondrial function: relationship with insulin sensitivity and inflammation. Present work is focused on the study of signaling mechanisms that mediate insulin resistance in aging skeletal muscle, focusing mainly on mitochondrial function and its relationship with inflammatory signaling pathways.
- Goncalves Renata de Lima Sales, BR: Mitochondrial membrane potential, metabolic states.
- Gonzalez Franquesa Alba, ES: Mitochondrial dysfunction in insulin-dependent tissues such as liver, skeletal muscle and adipose tissue.
- Hinkeldeim Tanja, DE: Respiration in isolated proximate tubules (kidney) after hypoxia/ reoxygenation supported by different cac metabolites.
- Hoffman David L., US: Mitochondrial ROS production / O2; open flow respirometry mitochondrial therapeutics.
- Keipert Susanne, DE: Mitochondrial uncoupling in skeletal muscle: Transgenic mice with ectopic expression of UCP1 in skeletal muscle with beneficial effects on energy metabolism, diet-induced obesity and aging.
- Kerätär Juha, FI: Effect of mitochondrial fatty acid synthesis defects on mitochondrial respiration.
- Knaub Leslie , US: Mitochondrial dysfunction in the vasculature and skeletal muscle in disease states.
- Lau Gigi, CA: Physiological adaptations of mitochondria to hypoxia in fishes.
- Lundby Carsten, CH
- Mc Donald Allison, CA: Functional and regulatory characterization of alternative oxidases in various kingdoms of life.
- Nielsen Morten Hostrup, DK: Effects of beta2-agonists on human skeletal muscle mitochondrial enzyme activity.
- Oliveira MF, BR: Studies on the mitochondrial metabolism in the blood flow Schistosoma mansoni.
- Orynbayeva Zulfiya , US: The bioenergetic signature of cancer; the case of prostate adenocarcinoma.
- Ost Mario , DE: Mitochondrial uncoupling in skeletal muscle: Transgenic mice with ectopic expression of UCP1 in skeletal muscle with beneficial effects on energy metabolism, diet-induced obesity and aging.
- Pinho Joao Paulo, BR: Studies on the dynamic changes of mitochondrial function following a blood meal in the kissing bug Rhodnius prolixus.
- Plenge Ulla, DK: Effects of rhEPO in human mitochondria in muscle cells and blood cells.
- Sondergard Nielsen H, DK: Regulation of mitochondria in different bioetnic groups. Imact og diet and exercise. Further the impact of klima and light, circadian rythm on mitochondria.
- Spacilova Jana, CZ: Oxidative metabolism in human skin fibroblast from patients with mitochondrial disorders.
- Strand Harald, NO: Diagnosis of mitochondrial diseases.
O2k-Workshops are listed as MitoGlobal Events.