|MitoGlobal||MITOEAGLE||MitoGlobal Societies||MiPsociety||ASMRM||MitoGlobal Events|
- Members of MitoGlobal, particularly mitochondrial societies supporting mitochondrial research and medicine
MitoGlobal Societies are the
- * Network of national and international mitochondrial societies.
- * Network of organizers of national and international mitochondrial conferences and workshops.
- * Network of scientific, medical and public opinion leaders in mitochondrial research and medicine.
- * Network of mitochondrial network initiatives.
- * Network of mitochondrial centers of excellence.
- Is your mitochondrial organization interested to be included in the list of MitoGlobal Societies, joining MitoGlobal? Please send us contact details and information to be shown under your organization, and an informal letter of agreement that you want to be listed as a MitoGlobal Society (which will be posted on your page). Please send your information to: email@example.com.
|Asia Society for Mitochondrial Research and Medicine||ASMRM|
|Cardiovascular Exercise Research Group||CERG||
The Cardiovascular Exercise Research Group (CERG) was established in January 2008 and their research focuses on identifying the key cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying the beneficial effects of physical exercise on the heart, arteries and skeletal muscle in the context of disease prevention and management through experimental, clinical and epidemiological studies.Since 2003 this research group organizes the biennial seminar "Exercise in Medicine" in Trondheim, Norway.
|Cell Symposia||Organized by the editors of Cell Press's leading journals, Cell Symposia bring together exceptional speakers and scientists to discuss topics at the forefront of scientific research.|
|Chinese Society of Mitochondrial Research and Medicine||Chinese-Mit||The Chinese Society of Mitochondrial Research and Medicine (Chinese-Mit) is a member of ASMRM.|
|International Society for Mountain Medicine||ISMM||The International Society for Mountain Medicine is an interdisciplinary society comprising about xx members worldwide. Its purpose is ..|
|Internationale Gesellschaft fuer Regenerative Mitochondrien-Medizin||IGRMM e.V.||Organizer of Klinische MitochondrienMedizin und Umweltmedizin 2015|
|Korean Mito Society||KMS||The Korean Mito Society (KMS) is a member of ASMRM.|
|Mito Support of New England||Mito Support of New England is an organization providing access to support groups, gatherings, events and resources for those affected by Mitochondrial Disease and living in the New England area.|
|Mitochondria Interest Group||MIG||
The Mitochondria Interest Group (MIG) is an Inter-Institute Interest Group at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), with members worldwide! MIG is concerned with all aspects of the mitochondrion and diseases in which the mitochondrion is involved. We hold monthly meetings, usually on the second Monday of the month (except when it is a Federal holiday or other special exceptions).MITOCHONDRIA-L@LIST.NIH.GOV is an Email list moderated by Ph.D. Steven Zullo as an interactive information platform, with free subscritpion to this mitochondrial network. List members are reminded of their responsibility to critically evaluate the content of the postings. The information, opinions, data, and statements contained herein are not necessarily those of the U. S. Government, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), or MIG and should not be interpreted, acted on or represented as such.
|Mitochondria Research Society||MRS|
|Mitochondrial European Education Training||MEET|
|Mitochondrial Medicine Society||MMS|
|Mitochondrial Physiology Society||MiP|
|Mitochondrial Research Guild|
|OXPHOS International||The OXPHOS International web portal is a repository of information useful to scholars studying mitochondria. The site is operated as a private "special interests" community hub.|
|Serbian Society for Mitochondrial and Free Radical Physiology||SSMFRP|
|Taiwan Society for Mitochondrial Research and Medicine||TSMRM||The Taiwan Society for Mitochondrial Research and Medicine (TSMRM) is a member of ASMRM.|
|The North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium||NAMDC||
The North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium (NAMDC) was established to create a network of all clinicians and clinical investigators in North America (US and Canada, with the hope of including Mexico in the future) who follow sizeable numbers of patients with mitochondrial diseases and are involved or interested in mitochondrial research. The NAMDC has created a clinical registry for patients, in the hopes of standardizing diagnostic criteria, collecting important standardized information on patients, and facilitating the participation of patients in research on mitochondrial diseases.
For the study of any rare disease, the collection of specimens is a major challenge. The NAMDC is establishing a repository for specimens and DNA from patients with mitochondrial diseases, in order to make materials easily available to consortium researchers.Finally, the NAMDC will conduct clinical trials and other kinds of research. The consortium makes biostatisticians, data management experts, and specialists in clinical research available to participating physicians, so that experiments conducted through the NAMDC can make the most efficient and innovative use of the generous participation of patients.
|United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation||UMDF|
MitoGlobal aims at
- Promoting rigorous mitochondrial research from both basic and applied perspectives.
- Promoting mitochondrial medicine, mitochondrial health care, preventive and protective medicine.
- Providing a comprehensive list of MitoGlobal Network Organizations; linking scattered efforts.
- Improving communication between mitochondrial societies, and integrating with general scientific societies.
- Supporting new national mitochondrial societies in their organization.
- Providing a comprehensive list of mitochondrial conferences, workshops, and educational programmes; linking scattered efforts: http://www.mitophysiology.org/?MiPcalendar; http://www.mitoresearch.org/meeting.html.
- Coordinating and minimizing the time overlap of upcoming mitochondrial meetings.
- Providing a comprehensive list of mitochondrial communications networks, mitochondrial network projects.
- Providing a comprehensive list of mitochondrial centers of excellence.
- Maintaining a highly visible and interactive website (wiki based).