|OROBOROS||Products||Support||O2k-Publications||Workshops & Events||O2k-Network||Feedback||Company||Contact|
Abstract: O2k-Workshop on High-Resolution Respirometry - Introductory and Advanced.Schroecken, Voralberg, Austria; 2010 December 11 to 16.
The past O2k-Workshop on HRR (IOC60) was a success based on long-term experience combined with continuous improvements and innovations. With introductory and advanced groups working in parallel, the needs of the participants could be met more specifically compared to introductory and advanced workshops organized separately. The next O2k-Workshop, therefore, will again offer parallel introductory and advanced workpackages.
• O2k-Network Lab: AT_Innsbruck_OROBOROS
Labels: Additional: ORO, IOC, 2010
Hot topics in mitochondrial physiology - abstracts
|ElBacha 2010 Abstract IOC60||El-Bacha T, Abud M, Galina A, Da Poian AT (2010) Bioenergetics of liver mitochondria from mice infected with Dengue virus. MiPNet15.10.|
|Itkis 2010 Abstract IOC60||Itkis YS (2010) Respirometry application in Leigh disease diagnostic and treatment. MiPNet15.10.|
|Kozlov 2010 Abstract IOC60||Kozlov AV (2011) Mitochondrial response to shock stimuli in in vitro models. MiPNet15.10.|
|Lukasiak 2010 Abstract IOC60||Łukasiak A, Wrzosek A, Chłopicki S, Szewczyk A, Dołowy K (2010) Regulation of endothelial function by large conductance potassium channel opener NS1619. MiPNet15.10.|
|Mark 2010 Abstract IOC60||Mark FC (2010) Mitochondrial plasticity and environmental change in Antarctic, Austral and temperate fish and cephalopods. MiPNet15.10.|
|McKee 2010 Abstract IOC60||McKee E, Thomas C, McAbee K, Verwilst L, Thayer T, Chhoy P (2010) Fishing in the mitochondrial deoxynucleotide pools. MiPNet15.10.|
|Pesta 2010 Abstract IOC60||Pesta D, Macek C, Hoppel F, Faulhaber M, Burtscher M, Gnaiger E, Schocke M (2010) The impact of endurance training on muscle oxidative capacity. MiPNet15.10.|
|Rosenfeld 2010 Abstract IOC60||Rosenfeld E (2010) Abstract IOC60. MiPNet15.10.|
|Staples 2010 Abstract IOC60||Staples JF, Chung DJ, Armstrong C (2010) Fast in, slow out: Kinetics of mitochondrial metabolic suppression during hibernation entrance and arousal. MiPNet15.10.|
Feedback IOC60: We thank the participants for taking the time to fill in the 'Feedback forms' and answer our questions.
|Add your Photos >>||Look at Photos >>|
- Erich Gnaiger (Innsbruck Medical University, AT; OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS, AT)
- Mario Fasching (OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS, AT)
- Dominik Pesta (Innsbruck Medical University, AT)
- Zuzana Sumbalova (OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS, AT)
- Anita Wiethuechter (OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS, AT)
Invited guest tutors
Participants and areas of interest
- Christiansen Liselotte, Denmark: Veterinary clinical medicine. Mitochondrial function in cats with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. A model of blood platelets, heart and skeletal muscle fibers.
- Drabarek Beata, Poland: Respiration measurements in endothelial cells under hyperglycemic conditions.
- El-Bacha Tatiana, Brazil: My research interests are studies on mitochondrial physiology of mammalian cells and animal models of virus infections (alphavirus and flavivirus). Currently, we are investigating the relationship of hepatic function and oxidative stress in mice infected with dengue virus and the possible implications for the severe forms of infection. Keywords: virus infection; dengue; mitochondrial bioenergetics; mice; liver dysfunction; HepG2 cells.
- Felser Andrea, Switzerland: Drug mediated effect on mitochondrial function and proteome. Investigation of individual complexes of the respiratory system, membrane potential and apoptosis (isolated mitochondria, intact and permeabilized cells).
- Fischer Silvia, Germany
- Gatterer Hannes, Austria: Sports science.
- Goncalves Renata, Brazil (invited guest tutor): linking the mt metabolism and mosquito immune response, pointing the regulation of mt ROS as an effective immune tool for A. gambiae against Plasmodium infection; mitochondria, flight muscle, vector disease and hematophagous.
- Hanackova Lenka, Czech Republic: Toxic liver injury, liver regeneration and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Keywords: Hepatocytes, liver mitochondria, oxidative stress, ROS, respirometry, mitochondrial membrane potential.
- Itkis S. Yulia, Russia (OROBOROS IOC-Scholarship): Respirometry application in Leigh disease diagnostic and treatment. Keywords: mt disease, respirometry.
- Jacobs Robert, Switzerland (invited guest tutor): Mitochondrial function in human muscle biopsies, exercise physiology.
- Jean-Quartier Claire, Austria: Respiration and Ca2+ signaling.
- Krivakova-Stankova Pavla, Czech Republic: Toxic liver injury, liver regeneration and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Keywords: Hepatocytes, liver mitochondria, oxidative stress, ROS, respirometry, mitochondrial membrane potential.
- Łukasiak Agnieszka, Poland, Measurement of oxygen consumption by endothelial cells exposed to proinflammatory compounds as well as compounds influencing mitochondrial state and mitochondrial potassium channel openers/inhibitors (isolated mitochondria, intact and permeabilized cells).
- Manzke Lars, Ireland: Mitochondrial oxygen consumption of UCP-knock out mice under various conditions.
- Mark Felix C., Germany: Mitochondrial respiration and membrane potential in polar and temperate fish and cephalopods. Contributions and capacities of the different complexes. Measurements in isolated mitochondria and permeabilised fibres. Keywords: Mitochondria, membrane potential, fish, cephalopods, cold adaptation, hypoxia.
- McKee Edward, USA: Mitochondrial toxicity of antiviral nucleoside analogs. Interested in metabolism of deoxynucleosides in mitochondria of non-replicating tissues and the effect of antiviral nucloeside analogs on this metabolism as a potential mechanism of toxicity. We are interested in using the Oroboros equipment to study respiration and coupling in isolated mitochondria from tissues exposed to long-term antiviral analog treatment. Keywords: Nucleoside analog reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs), deoxynucleotide pools (dNTP pools), mitochondrial toxicity, mitochondrial DNA replication.
- Rosenfeld Eric, France: Characterization of non-respiratory oxygen consumption pathways in yeast (oxygen and ROS fluxes); study of redox-active molecules targeting eukaryotic or prokaryotic microorganisms (i.e. Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains involved in cystic fibrosis). Keywords: Yeast, bacteria, respiration, non-respiratory pathways, ROS, redox active molecules.
- Rousar Tomas, Czech Republic: I will be using the respirometry during evaluation of oxidative stress in hepatocytes and mitochondria after treatment with a variety of hepatotoxins. Especially, I am interested in mitochondria-mediated ROS production, disappearance of antioxidants and oxidative stress detection. Keywords: Antioxidants, glutathione, oxidative stress.
- Schauer Irene, USA: Effects of fatty acid lowering and/or insulin; sensitization on mitochondrial function and cardiovascular function in type 1 diabetes. Keywords: Fatty acids, insulin resistance, diabetes.
- Staples James F, Canada: Suppression of metabolism in hibernation. Keywords: hibernation, torpor, mitochondria.
- Strobel Anneli, Germany: Mitochondrial respiration and membrane potential in polar and temperate fish and cephalopods. Contributions and capacities of the different complexes. Measurements in isolated mitochondria and permeabilised fibres. Keywords: Mitochondria, membrane potential, fish, cephalopods, cold adaptation, hypoxia.
- Wojciechowska Sylwia, Poland: Respiration measurements in different types of cells in insulin resistance state.
O2k-Workshops are listed as MitoGlobal Events.