Oroboros - Cooperation and Feedback in Science
- I attended the international Oroboros course on high-resolution respirometry in Innsbruck, Austria, in which I was exposed to new techniques in conducting mitochondrial research. This has helped me stay up-to-date with the latest research in the mitochondria field, which could potentially give rise to new directions in our search for a therapy for HFpEF. Koay YenChin, O2k-Network Lab AU Sydney Kong S (2023)
- Workshop-Feedback 2023
- » IOC158
- Workshop-Feedback 2023
- I would like to thank you and the rest of the team at Oroboros once again for your excellent service and getting this module for the O2k sent with such a fast turnaround. I appreciate it so much. Alder Nathan, O2k-Network Lab US CT Mansfield Alder N (2022)
- And thank you and all at Orboros for a great conference. It was very well organized with the content to match. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Nial O'Boyle, UK
- Great meeting! Glad to be part of it. - Pablo Garcia-Roves, ES
- Thank you very much for the possibility to participate, connect and learn! It was a great experience! - Incyton GmbH, DE
- Thank you Oroboros Instruments GmbH for organising this inspiring Bioblast 2022 conference. - Lente Lerink, NL
- Very well, and thank you for the privilege to be a virtual participant.
- Many thanks for a wonderful conference last week. The program, content and interactions were amazing. I hope you followed up with a successful workshop! - Chris Donnelly, CH
- With this email I want again to express my gratitude for the possibility to present our results at Bioblast 2022. I feel that this meeting was perfectly organized at a very nice venue with a friendly audience and highly interesting content. - Werner Koopman, NL
- Thank you so much for inviting me to the Bioblast2022 meeting. It truly was fabulous. Great science. Great organization. Great personalities. Great accommodation. Great food and drink. - Richard Porter, IR
- Thank you so much for organizing the excellent conference, and the warm reception in Innsbruck. We highly appreciated the opportunity provided to share our observations and the welcomed comments and suggestions. The dinner and company on the Alm was unforgetable. Thank you for that! - Jan Lindeman, NL
- As a result of the wonderful BEC launching conference, I think we should define a regular schedule of meetings to discuss editorial issues of BEC as well as share some ideas to improve the reviewing and publishing system. - Marcus Oliveira, BR
- Thanks for putting on a great meeting and workshop. I was grateful to see everyone in person again and benefit from the years of shared experiences. Open dialogue between investigators and trainees is the best way to move our fields forward. - Brian Irving, US
- I simply wanted to say thanks for your efforts and the warm hospitality during the conference and workshop. The meetings were roaring scientific successes without a doubt, and it was great to see you again! - Steven Hand, US
- The video support section describing several aspects of the O2k system is an incredible resource for users, and I would only suggest to add as many videos as possible. Definitively, we felt really comfortable following the videos and, in my opinion, it is one of the best sections in the website for users. - Timon-Gomez Alba, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA (2021)
- Thanks for helping us get the Oroboros unit. We're enjoying it so much we're considering buying a second unit to increase throughput. - Christopher Auger, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, USA
- The video support describing the technical aspects of operating and servicing the O2Ks are a fantastic resource for users. I have also used the troubleshooting flowchart to diagnose and self-service routine issues. The active user forums and O2k-Network serve as a rich source of protocols, shared knowledge, and information on all topics related to bioenergetics and mitochondria. - Timothy Koves, O2k-Network lab: US NC Durham Koves TR
- I provided my .dld files and my doubts were answered fast and clearly. - Tremblay Nelly , Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research, DE
- I would like to thank you for your fast reply and your clear explanations. We followed your advices ; improving the way we were collecting the fibers and oxygenating the medium definitely solved our problems! Thank you for your excellent support!! - Olivia Zanoletti, O2k-Network lab: CH_Lausanne_Sandi C
- What I liked the most about the Virtual On-site Visit was the helpful disposition of the Oroboros Team. They made this course possible amidst the current situation (COVID-19). - Ayelen Melina Santamans Recchini, Spanish National Centre for Cardiovascular Research (CNIS), Spain
- The teachers handling the Virtual On-site Visit were really good. Tips regarding reagents and know-how on situations one can face while carrying out mitochondrial experiments were really useful. - Ignacio Heras Murillo, Spanish National Centre for Cardiovascular Research (CNIS), Spain
- Our O2ks Rosie and Rupert returned to service today. The best kind of equipment is the reliable, robust, low maintenance kind. - Terri Pietka, O2k-Network lab: US MO St Louis Abumrad NA
- It has been a pleasure to work with your Oxygraph-devices during the last 13 years. Extremely robust machines. - Therkelsen Arent Ib, O2k-Network Lab: DK Copenhagen Quistorff B
- Great workshop! Great, friendly people! It was very educational and enjoyable! It was my pleasure! Thank you! - Participant of IOC139
- ..., thank you very much for the kind, useful and quick support you provided. Everybody told me in advance how nice and efficient your technical support team was and I have to recognize they were right." - Riccardo Ton, Macquarie University (AU)
- We have expanded our use of the O2k for blood based bioenergetic profiling to several studies and I am very impressed with the results. - Anthony Molina, O2k-Network Lab: US NC Winston-Salem Molina AJA
- Science would be more efficient if the Oroboros philosophy was applied in all domains. Thank you. - Participant of IOC115
- I would like to thank the Oroboros-Team for helping us in many discussions regarding the results included in this paper. » Bioblast Link. - Nivea Amoedo, O2k-Network Lab: BR Rio de Janeiro Rumjanek FD
- Workshop-Feedback 2016
- » IOC109
- Workshop-Feedback 2016
- I am really happy that we have a very good working relationship. The Oxygraphs, certainly, helped us get superb results and get our work published in Cell Metabolism. I hope we keep this relationship into the future! Jirka Neuzil, O2k-Network Lab: CZ Prague Neuzil J
- We are very happy with two Oroboros machines in our experiments and also during teaching in practical courses. High sensitivity of the instrument with a smart software combined with a very nice personal support is an excellent result of the excellent group of Oroboros . Jitka Zurmanova, O2k-Network Lab: CZ Prague Kalous M
- (...) we are working with Oroboros every day now, measuring neuronal cells - everything looks perfect! I should have bought it long time ago. Galkin Alexander, Queen's University Belfast (UK)
- The Bioblast alert is wonderful!! Thank you so much. I am grateful for your support and for promoting gentle science in all you do. Shilpa Iyer, O2k-Network Lab: US VA Richmond Iyer S
- I love the Oroboros company because you always find good arrangement!! Karin Salin, O2k-Network Lab: UK Glasgow Metcalfe NB
- We are huge fans of your instrument :) Katarina Kluckova, O2k-Network Lab: CZ Prague Neuzil J
- It has been about a year since I have been using the Oxygraph-2k system and I would like to let you know that I am quite happy with the results. Luis Alejandro Gomez, O2k-Network Lab: CO Medellin Gomez LA
- Workshop-Feedback 2015
- » IOC100
- Workshop-Feedback 2015
- » IOC104
- » IOC106
- I started enjoying working with OROBOROS. As I am getting familiar, I am able to appreciate its greatness while it’s handling is simple. - Kavithalakshmi Sataranatarajan, O2k-Network Lab: US OK Oklahoma City VanRemmen H.
- It was a delight to meet you at UMDF in Pittsburgh and a delight to read your “Blue Book.” As a scientist re-learning mitochondriology, the Blue Book was extremely helpful, as is your Bioblast Glossary. You and OROBOROS are doing a significant service to the scientific community! - Peter J Oates PhD, Sr Director, Research, Stealth Peptides Inc, Newton, MA, USA. [email protected] - www.linkedin.com/oatespj
- We are more than happy with the O2k. In fact, it is one of the most useful instruments we have in both our laboratories. - Jirka Neuzil, O2k-Network Lab: CZ Prague Neuzil J, AU Queensland Neuzil J.
- I have been a proud O2k user for the last year and a half, and I and my colleagues have gotten so much use out of our first instrument that we would like to explore the purchase of a second system. Thank you so much for your kind assistance! - Joshua P Fessel, O2k-Network Lab: CZ Prague Neuzil J, US TN Nashville Fessel JP.
- Thank you for the "Blue book"! I was surprised when I found the conference 2013 book with the Blue book [...] and I felt disappointed because I couldn't attend the conference... This book is full of interesting topics, lectures and abstracts! - Igor Golic, University of Belgrade, Cell and Tissue Biology Dept, RS.
- Workshop-Feedback 2014
- » IOC88
- Workshop-Feedback 2014
- » IOC89
- » IOC91
- Thanks to you and the entire team for your outstanding assistance this year, and moreso for your pleasant friendliness. - Christopher G Perry, O2k-Network Lab: CA Guelph Holloway GP.
- Thank you very much. I have never worked with a company with this fantastic information system. - Morales-Alamo D.
- "High resolution designs (i.e., O2k, Oroboros Instruments) maximize respirometric sensitivity and precision (minimal O2 leak and highly sensitive electrodes), reducing the biological sample size required. Software advances in flux derivations of changes in chamber PO2 also permit real-time reporting of respiratory kinetics (Datlab, Oroboros Instruments), which improves data analyses over other systems requiring visual assessments of steady-state kinetics." - Perry CG, Kane DA, Lanza IR, Neufer PD (2013) Methods for assessing mitochondrial function in diabetes. Diabetes 62: 1041-53. »PMID: 23520284. O2k-Network Labs: CA Guelph Holloway GP, CA Toronto Perry CG, US NC Greenville Neufer PD, CA Antigonish Kane DA, US MN Rochester Nair KS.
- Thanks again for being so quick with assessing it, repairing and returning the Oxygraph. Working with OROBOROS is so much more superior to working with other companies. - Lauren M Sparks, O2k-Network Lab: US FL Orlando Sparks LM.
- Everything what concerns OROBOROS company (oxygraphs, company staff, workshops, conferences, scientific discussions, the quality of information, etc.) works at the highest level !!!!!!! BRAVO for you :) - Magdalena Labieniec-Watala, O2k-Network Lab: PL Lodz Watala C.
- In initial experiments with the Oxygraph-2k we noticed improved sensitivity and stability compared to another polarographic system used by us for many years. - Brian Fink, O2k-Network Lab: US IA Iowa City Sivitz WI.
- Workshop-Feedback 2013
- » IOC74
- Workshop-Feedback 2013
- » IOC75
- » IOC79
- I still look back very fondly on the training in Schrőcken (IOC31). - Gail Pyne-Geithman, O2k-Network Lab: US OH Cincinnati Clark JF.
- We very much like your HRR system. - John Shoffner, O2k-Network Lab: US GA Atlanta Shoffner J.
- Hi Erich, The O2k works very well since you serviced the sensors. I appreciated it a lot.- Song Huang, O2k-Network Lab: CN Beijing Wang X.
- I'm very impressed and love the logo. - I just have to say it … again, I love your logo. - Anna Gibson, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, UK.
- Everything goes well for my O2k apparatus. - Eric Rosenfeld, O2k-Network Lab: FR La Rochelle Rosenfeld E.
- We love our O2k. We have performed measurements in more than 300 muscle biopsies to date, and Paul Coen and I just got a paper accepted in Journal of Gerontology highlighting the measurements related to function in the elderly. - Bret Goodpaster, O2k-Network Lab: US PA Pittsburgh Goodpaster BH.
- Our O2ks are working well. - Irene Schauer, O2k-Network Lab: US CO Denver Schauer I.
- We are so happy with the performance of our two Oroboros machines that we are considering buying a couple more. We tested permeabilized muscle fibers and liver samples, always obtaining an excellent performance. The resolution of the machines goes largely beyond my most optimistic expectations and, so far, I am very positively impressed with their accuracy and experimental possibilities! - Carlos Canto, O2k-Network Lab: CH Lausanne Canto C.
- We have been using the Oxygraph-2k non stop since you left Sydney in April. It has been working without issue since then. Today for the first time the chamber A is not stable. I assume that the first thing to do is to polish the electrode. - Emma Collinson, O2k-Network Lab AU Sydney Stocker R.
- Thank you for creating such a wonderful apparatus, it made my work so much easier and much more fun. Thanks also for a great course in Schroecken in the spring of 2009, unforgettable! - Malou Friedrich-Persson, O2k-Network Lab: SE Uppsala Liss P.
- DatLab is a fabulous software - so easy to use. - Palm Frederik at 2nd Innsbruck-Uppsala MiPNet-Workshop, O2k-Network Lab: SE Uppsala Liss P.
- I had not expected that you would send the replacement stoppers before we had sent the others back. This goes above and beyond excellent customer service, you are fantastic! - Christopher Hedges, O2k-Network Lab: AU Melbourne Stepto N.
- Workshop-Feedback 2012
- » IOC66
- Workshop-Feedback 2012
- » IOC67
- » IOC68
- » IOC72
- With my very best wishes of a productive 2012 and keep moving on the Oroboros to new horizons, bringing science, personal and life quality as driving forces to a better world. - Marcus F Oliveira, O2k-Network Lab: BR Rio de Janeiro Oliveira MF.
- It is great that you develop the Oxygraph-2k in so wonderful directions.. excellent :))). - Magdalena Labieniec-Watala, O2k-Network Lab: PL Lodz Watala C.
- I also just want to mention how happy we are with the O2k respirometer we have and want to congratulate you on the success of your O2k systems (not surprisingly, of couse), hence the already booked December workshop. - Catherine Le H, O2k-Network Lab: US CO Fort Collins Chicco AJ.
- The first Oroboros in our lab gave good results. We have plans to purchase a second Oroboros . - Daphna Habets, O2k-Network Lab: NL Maastricht Bierau J.
- Actually, we are very satisfied with the results that we are producing with the Oxygraph-2k. - Silvia Maria Suter Correia Cadena, Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil.
- We are really satisfied with the O2k and we hope to measure mitochondrial membrane potential ASAP. - Siamak Djafarzadeh, O2k-Network Lab: CH Bern Djafarzadeh S.
- Thank you for developing the Oxygraph, it has proved to be an excellent tool and we look forward to upgrading in the near future. - Campbell W Gourlay, O2k-Network Lab: UK Canterbury Gourlay CW.
- Our two Oroboros machines function perfectly, and I have put in a grant for a third machine. - Carsten Lundby, O2k-Network Lab: CH Zurich Lundby C.
- Workshop-Feedback 2011
- » IOC61
- Our O2k runs without problems. - Wolfgang Burgstaller, O2k-Network Lab: AT Innsbruck Burgstaller W.
- I was participating last summer in WorldPharma 2010 congress in Copenhagen and heard a fantastic presentation given by Professor Sir Salvador Moncada about mitochondrial function measured by Oroboros Oxygraph. - Eero Mervaala, O2k-Network Lab: FI Helsinki Mervaala E.
- Our project is now accepted by the French polar institute (IPEV) and we plan to install a respirometry system in Antarctica! I already worked on the Oroboros in my previous laboratory in Canada and, to my opinion, it’s the best and more accurate system for our project. - Caroline Romestaing, O2k-Network Lab: FI Helsinki Mervaala E.
- Recently Doug Crawford here in Miami let me use his O2k and it was great. - Carlos T Moraes, O2k-Network Lab: US FL Miami Moraes CT.
- The two recently acquired Oxygraphs are now installed and running smoothly. I am very pleased with the new version of Datlab, even though I have not yet had occasion to try out all of the new options added to it. - Ib Therkelsen Arent, O2k-Network Lab: DK Copenhagen Quistorff B.
- We´re very happy with our three O2k's here at Karolinska Institute. - Filip J Larsen, O2k-Network Lab: SE Stockholm Weitzberg E.
- Happy new year to you and the fantastic Oroboros team! The Oxygraph-2k is working like a dream. - Vinh T Phung, O2k-Network Lab: NO As Egelandsdal B.
- I already start to use this wonderfull instrument. It works really well now! - Arnaud Mourier, O2k-Network Lab: DE Cologne Larsson NG.
- I came across your website and found excellent information for instrumentation, protocols and solutions. - Steven Dworetzky, Knopp Neurosciences, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- .. we are very impressed with the instrument .. - Marni J Falk, O2k-Network Lab: US PA Philadelphia Falk MJ.
- ... For an independent perspective on the Oroboros Oxygraph-2k, we think they are fantastic, fullstop. We have had no real issues in almost four years. I started with the general system which requires water baths etc and really it was baptism of fire, and when we got the Oroboros -O2k it was a different world. Our only issue now is we need more of them now. Perhaps the best part of our dealings with Oroboros is Erich's groups outstanding efforts to provide detailed methods and protocols for both the machines and experiments. ... - Anthony JR Hickey, O2k-Network Lab: NZ Auckland Hickey AJ.
- ... regarding the Seahorse ... they were adament that their instrument was useful for quantitative measurements, even though the vast majority of the data was expressed as fold-change, or % control. In the end, they said that their system was more complimentary to existing oxygraphs, and even suggested that the Seahorse be used for optimization experiments to determine the best conditions for O2k experiments. - Daniel A Kane O2k-Network Lab: CA Antigonish Kane DA, US NC Greenville Neufer PD.
- First of all I would like to write that O2K works very well in our lab as well. - Laszlo Tretter, O2k-Network Lab: HU Budapest Tretter L.
- First of all I´d like to say that I´m very happy with the O2k system. I have used it quite a lot lately, mainly doing phosphorylation control titrations with intact podocytes and I have not have any problems, except for a few small ones relating to software. - Ilkka J Miinalainen, O2k-Network Lab: IE Dublin Miinalainen I.
- We continue to "spread the word" about the Oroboros with our colleagues at meetings and conferences. As with all quality products, I'm not surprised to hear that demand is steady, even in the face of economic hardships. Yours has the added benefit of sophisticated science and precision manufacturing, which exponentially increases its value. Darrell Neufer and I have a big paper being published in JCI on this upcoming Monday (on-line first). There is Oroboros data all over it. Many more papers are currently being written, as we've been using our O2k's at maximal capacity for the past two years! Would it be possible for you to send a small stack of your "Blue Book of Mitochondria" with the new O2k? It's really an invaluable resource for students and new people that join the lab. - Ethan J Anderson, O2k-Network Lab: US NC Greenville Anderson EJ, US NC Greenville Neufer PD.
- Since the two Oroboros installed here are fully operational (in fact it has been a great success!), the demand for their use has increased susbtantially. Therefore, we are intending to purchase another one. - Marcus F Oliveira, O2k-Network Lab: BR Rio de Janeiro Oliveira MF.
- I thought you might be interested to know more about my research and my success stories using your Oroboros . I investigated mitochondrial capacity in cardiac muscle fibers of a common model of dietary-induced insulin resistance mice and successfully presented parts of my results at the 2008 Annual Obesity Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona. I received so many positive feedbacks on my study. I am planning on developing my area of research from animals to humans, if it would be possible. I am very proud of what I have achieved during the last year. Starting with basic knowledge about mitochondria and Oroboros , I have been able to find my way through the mitochondria respiratory world. This achievement wouldn’t be possible without your help and support. - Zahra E Zadeh, O2k-Network Lab: CA Montreal Hepple RT.
- The assemblage and tests of O2K have been finished and some trials have been conducted for TCM research. - Canghai Li PhD, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing, P.R.China.
- The second O2K works perfectly. It will really help us to develop more quickly applied respirometry on muscle cell culture and biopsies. - Dominique Votion, O2k-Network Lab: BE Liege Votion DM.
- I have several papers in the pipeline that utilize respiration as our primary variable. The Oxygraph-2k was one of the best investments I ever made. - Paula Keeney, O2k-Network Lab: US VA Richmond Bennett JP.
- The results with the lymphocytes cells are excellent with MiR05 and really better than with the other medium (more stability and higher values). - Virginie Rhein, O2k-Network Lab: CH Basel Eckert A.
- I have been studying respiration in cells and in animals, and plan to include mitochondria. Your website will be a valuable resource. My students will find it interesting. - Dennis G Searcy PhD, Professor of Biology, University of Massachusetts, MA, USA.
- SUPERSATISFIED! - Eskil Elmér, O2k-Network Lab: SE Lund Elmer E.
- Our Oroboros Oxygraph is in almost daily use and we are very pleased with the data it produces. - Paula Keeney, O2k-Network Lab: US VA Richmond Bennett JP.
- Our new O2k started up perfectly. The new software is fantastic too. - Anthony JR Hickey, O2k-Network Lab: NZ Auckland Hickey AJ.
- I would like to congratulate the Oroboros team for the software that really works beautifully. People who did it are really clever (know how someone using an oxygraph works). - Frédérick Bouillaud, O2k-Network Lab: FR Paris Bouillaud F.
- People are getting really happy with the Oroboros ... the instrument is working remarkably well so far. - Rafael Radi, O2k-Network Lab: UY Montevideo Radi R.
- .. we tested a few techniques using the O2K. I really enjoyed working with the instrument and so far I am very happy with it. - Charles-A Darveau, O2k-Network Lab: CA Ottawa Darveau CA.
- .. feedback about the O2K. I am very impressed. The last 3 years I've done many expts. on mito respiration in permeabilized fibers using a Hansatech electrode, which worked fine and was suitable for our needs at the time. But I equate going from that system to the O2K to starting with a Honda Accord and going to an Infiniti or a Mercedes C-class. Once you've had a taste of high-performance, there's no going back. :) - Ethan J Anderson, O2k-Network Lab: US NC Greenville Anderson EJ, US NC Greenville Neufer PD.
- We are loving work with the Oroboros-O2k, despite we were not using all possibilities yet. But, step by step... - Antonio Galina, O2k-Network Lab: BR Rio de Janeiro Galina A, BR Rio de Janeiro Institute Biomedical Chemistry.
- Our Oxygraph-2k is in daily use and is a truly wonderful instrument. I may be forced to buy a second one. - I am very interested in the TPP+ electrode development. Please keep us in mind as a potential "beta" testing site. - James P Bennett O2k-Network Lab: US VA Richmond Bennett JP, US VA Richmond Iyer S.
- I have been working with CS using your protocol (Laboratory Protocol Citrate Synthase), which I found to be extremely helpful and very well-written. Thank you, very good job! - Nikolai Chepelev MSc, Biology Student, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada.
- Your web page provides the clearest, most concise explanations I have ever read on why mitochondrial substrates are used as they are (glutamate, malate, etc...). - Florian L. Muller PhD., Dept of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA.
- We had no problems with installation of the Oxygraph-2k. - Olivier Douay, O2k-Network Lab: FR Angers Gueguen N.
- The O2k arrived Friday last week in excellent condition, IT IS A BEAUTY! We have installed the software and set up the electrodes and everything seems to work nicely. - Eskil Elmér, O2k-Network Lab: SE Lund Elmer E.
- See also O2k-course IOC32-Feedback.
- We are working hard with the excellent Oxygraph-2k. .. I am spreading the good news about your perfect oxygraph. I've made a collegue of mine enthusiastic, ... - Willem Sluiter, O2k-Network Lab: NL Rotterdam Sluiter W.
- Concerning our three Oxygraph-2k, they are all running smoothly like Swiss clocks (Austrian clocks, if you like...). My college, Morten, who also joined the IOC32 in April 2006, has been using the instruments almost every day through the entire summer for some permeabilised muscle experiments. He reports that all three have been pleasantly stable and well-behaven, and that electrode-membrane replacements have been rare. Only weak spot seems to be the cable connection in the bottom of the electrode holder. The cable does not like to be touched, bent, or moved about during data acquisition. Some stabilisation of the cable entry into the electrode holder might possibly be a point for improvement in later generation design. Last week of August, we took the three instruments to the nearby veterinarian school in order to perform measurements on 40 biopsies from sheep. Those were busy days for all three persons involved, but also quite satisfactory, as there was not a single mishap with either samples or machines. As to the Savitzky-Golay filter [Oxygen Flux and Time Resolution] and two second sampling intervals, we have found that for all experiments performed in our lab up until now, we never needed to do it any differently. We have not yet had the need for rapid transition measurements, but we have tried, once, to run the data acquisition at full pelt, just for the fun of it. - Ib Therkelsen Arent, O2k-Network Lab: DK Copenhagen Quistorff B.
- ... Now my Ok2 is operating soooooooooo well, and the problem of analysis of the mito data has been solved successfully as you said me [Oxygen Flux and Time Resolution]. I reduced the mitochondrial concentration (from 0.5 to 0.3 mg protein/ml ) and I´ve reduced the data recording interval to the minimum of 0.2 s too. After ADP additon the slope increases sharply and returns to state 4 with similar values to State 2 ones, resulting in a higher RCR. - Ana López Ramírez, O2k-Network Lab: ES Granada Acuna-Castroviejo D.
- Yes the machine is working well. Very well actually. Took a bit of trial and error with the electrolyte, as our water here is full of metal ions. Distilled water did the job. - Anthony JR Hickey, O2k-Network Lab: NZ Auckland Hickey AJ.
- We are delighted with our O2k! It is obviously a very sensitive piece of equipment and the DatLab software makes using it very easy. The respiratory state of our cell lines will be important information for our group. I must be honest though, with no background in respirometry or with the O2k, I would have been lost without all the very helpful instruction I received in Shrocken. Thank you for making our use of this fine machine possible! - Paula Keeney, O2k-Network Lab: US VA Richmond Bennett JP.
- Here we are! We received the Oxygraph-2k on wednesday, we tested it for two days and it workes very well! Great! - Mamen Carmona, O2k-Network Lab: ES Barcelona Gomis R, FR Toulouse Casteilla L.
- The following review of one of your products has been left by a SelectScience.net member:
- Product: Oxygraph-2k, Ease of use: 5 (top rating), After sales: 5 (top rating), Value for money: 5 (top rating), Overall: 5.0 (top rating)
- Comment: Easy to use, with a user-friendly interface. Online results are great! - Rasmus Rabol O2k-Network Lab: DK Copenhagen Dela F.
- On respirometry with permeabilized muscle fibres: .. thanks for your help and lifesaving website and info. - Anthony JR Hickey, O2k-Network Lab: NZ Auckland Hickey AJ.
- Getting Oroboros was a natural choice. - Hong Kyu Lee, Seoul National University Hospital, South Korea.
- We have an Oroboros -2k which is a perfect machine. On the web-site you will find all material relevant to this machine, including mito isolation protocols and an estimate of the amount of tissue needed. The Oroboros simultaneously runs respirometry in 2 two ml chambers. The large volume is advantageous as this implies your mitos can respire for quite a while without running out of oxygen. As the sensors are fairly sensitive and stable you do not really need much tissue. ... you may consider to run the assays not on isolated mitos but on permeabilized cardiomyocytes (we run analyses on permeabilized muscle biopsies ..). The advantage is that this may need less tissue; .. the machine can do wonderful things. If you decide to buy one I can certainly advise you to run the course Erich offers as it is by far the best way to get some feeling of what can be achieved with the machine. - Matthijs Hesselink, O2k-Network Lab: NL Maastricht Schrauwen P.
- The perspectives of working with the Oroboros Oxygraph-2k on human tissue are enormous. - Flemming Dela, O2k-Network Lab: DK Copenhagen Dela F.
- It is a pleasure to give you the permission to list our lab as an Oroboros 'Mitochondrial Physiology Network Laboratory'. I do think this kind of network will be very useful for us. - Louis Lefaucheur, O2k-Network Lab: FR Saint Gilles Lefaucheur L.
- Polarography is a technique that we have been using routinely in the lab for mitochondrial research or the diagnosis of mitochondrial diseases, and so far the Oroboros Oxygraph is the best in terms of sensitivity and reproducibility. Respiratory studies with cells give good results with about 5 10E5 cells/ml , and depending on the cell type you can go down to 1E5. We used primary myoblasts, keratinocytes, lymphocytes and a variety or cancer cells, permeabilized or not. You can also utilize permeabilized muscle fibers of about 3 mg each. The good point is that you can measure the oxygen consumption of the electrode (noise) and the oxygen diffusion inside the machine in a pre-experiment, that you remove from your respiration data. For kinetic studies you can also take into account the time constant response of the electrode (that increases with time) that can also be measured. What must be pointed out, is that this Oxygraph is the only one that allows to work at very low (physiological and even hypoxic) oxygen concentrations, what cannot be performed with classic systems that are not oxygen-proof enough. Also, the software is powerful and the new version more user-friendly as older versions. Recently, this company developed a new stopper that allows to fit in electrodes or optic fibers that allow to measure bioenergetic or cellular parameters concomitantly to oxygen consumption rate. - Rodrigue Rossignol O2k-Network Lab: FR Bordeaux Rossignol R.
- I have been working with the Oroboros Oxygraph-2k since two years now, and concerning the sensitivity I can say, that I obtained reliable results even with cell numbers of about 0.1 Mill cells/ml, which would correspond to a cellular protein concentration of about 0.3 mg/ml. - Evi Hütter O2k-Network Lab: AT Innsbruck Jansen-Duerr P.
- I have been using the Oxygraph-2k for two years and due to its sensitivity I can use it to measure the respiration of intact fibroblasts from one 75 sq.cm culture flask - that could be like 0.2 mg/ml of protein and I guess it might be possible to go even lower with the protein concentration. With isolated mitochondria, measurements at 0.025 mg/ml are feasible. I must say I am very satisfied with the instrument, but frankly I have never used any other oxygen electrode so my opinion is not unbiased. - Petr Pecina O2k-Network Lab: CZ Prague Houstek J.
- Your new machine is amazingly confortable to work with. Time constants are really good and the new software used to drive the machine is more convenient than the previous DatLab 2 acquisition program ! We have very nice results on skinned fibers from pig or rat heart. Signals and biological samples are really stable over a large time scale, which is needed to perform accurate ADP titrations. We would like to buy another Oroboros Oxygraph 2k. This would allow two persons of the lab to perform large scale and simultaneous studies on isolated mitochondria, myocardic cells and skinned fibers. - Bertrand Beauvoit O2k-Network Lab: FR Pessac Diolez P.
- This is to express our sincere gratitude for the course last weekend. We found the course highly instructive and fruitful and have enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere very much. - Matthijs Hesselink, O2k-Network Lab: NL Maastricht Schrauwen P.
- The Oroboros precision for O2 concentration measurements is 0.036 microM against 0.500 to 1.000 microM for other commercial instruments. - Gérald Grégori, Michel J Denis, Dominique Lefevre, Beatiz Beker O2k-Network Lab: FR Marseille Gregori G.
- Hello Erich: The O2k-Workshop was again exquisite and informative, and your knowledge begs those who yearn to learn. Interesting how many ideas within the talent of those gathered, young and senior, create an atmosphere for discovery. Also, thank you for all your altruistic help with my projects. - Robert C Boushel, O2k-Network Lab: CA Montreal Bergdahl A, DK Copenhagen Dela F, SE Stockholm Boushel RC.
- Highlights »O2k-Feedback