Schroecken AT, 2013 Apr 09-14, Oroboros O2k-Workshop on high-resolution respirometry (HRR) and O2k-Fluorometry: O2k-Basic, IOC75.
O2k-Workshop on High-Resolution Respirometry: O2k-Basic. Schroecken, Vorarlberg, Austria; 2013 April 09 to 14
• O2k-Network Lab: AT_Innsbruck_Oroboros
ORO, IOC, 2013, MitoCom
Team and guest tutors
- Gnaiger Erich, CEO, Oroboros Instruments and Medical University of Innsbruck, D. Swarovski Research Laboratory
- Fontana-Ayoub Mona, BMA, Oroboros Instruments
- Laner Verena, Chief Operating Officer (COO), Oroboros Instruments
|Asghar Mohammad||US TX Houston Asghar M: Department of Pharmacological & Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy - University of Houston (US)|
|Ateba Dorine L||NO Oslo Eide L: Oslo University Hospital HF|
|Calloway Jones Jessica||US MA Cambridge Vernochet C: Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases Research Unit, Pfizer Research Technology Center (RTC) (US)|
|Camacho-Pereira Juliana||US MN Rochester Chini EN: Mayo Clinic, Rochester (US)|
|Chung Weiliang||AU Melbourne Stepto NK: Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living, Victoria University (AU)|
|Dohlmann Tine||DK Copenhagen Dela F: Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen (DK)|
|Fessel Joshua Patrick||US TN Nashville Fessel JP: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine (US)|
|Frost Simon||SE Stockholm Boushel RC: Copenhagen University Hospital at Rigshospitalet/Bispebjerg (SE)|
|Gehrig Saskia||CH Zurich Lundby C: Center for Integrative Human Physiology (ZIHP), University of Zurich, Institute of Physiology (CH)|
|Gomez Rodriguez Alexia||Complutense University of Madrid (UMC): Department of Animal Physiology-II, Faculty of Biological Sciences (ES)|
|Goncalves Vera||PT Oieras Teixeira M: Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica (PT)|
|Haegler Patrizia||CH Basel Kraehenbuehl S: Clinical Pharmocology & Toxicology, University Hospital Basel (CH)|
|Hara Naomi||JP Tokyo Uchino H: Deptartment of Anesthesiology, Tokyo Medical University (JP)|
|Kallijaervi Jukka||FI Helsinki Mervaala E: Folkhälsan Research Center, Biomedicum, University of Helsinki (FI)|
|Kilbaugh Todd||US PA Philadelphia Margulies S: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (US)|
|Khalifa Abdel Rahman Medhat||EG Cairo Ali SS: Zewail City of Science & Technology, Giza (EG)|
|Kotb Islam Abo El Yazeed||EG Cairo Ali SS: Zewail City of Science & Technology, Giza (EG)|
|Mercer John||UK Glasgow Mercer J: Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrookes Hospital (UK)|
|Oliveira Pinto Matheus||BR Rio de Janeiro Oliveira MF: Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (BR)|
|Pfeiffer Annika||DE Mainz Methner A: Klinik und Poliklinik für Neurologie, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Forschungszentrum Translationale Neurowissenschaften (DE)|
|Piel Sarah||SE Lund Elmer E: NeuroVive, Pharmaceuticals AB (SE)|
|Porter Craig||US TX Galveston Finnerty CC: University of Texas Medical Branch, Shriners Hospital for Children, Department of Surgery, Metabolism Unit (US)|
|Prouteau-Angebault Claire||FR Montpellier Prouteau-Angebault C: INSERM U1051 Institut des Neurosciences de Montpellier, Hôpital St Eloi (FR)|
|Puskarich Michael||US MS Jackson Hosler J: Department of Biochemistry, University of Mississippi Medical Center (US)|
|Ruud Lima Lene||NO As Egelandsdal B: Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, UMB, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NO)|
|Soerensen Liv K||NO Tromsoe Ingebretsen OC: Laboratoriemedisin, University Hospital of Northern Norway (NO)|
|Schoettl Theresa||DE Freising Fromme T: Molecular Nutritional Medicine, Technische Universität München, Else Kröner Fresenius Center (DE)|
|Schlotte Volkhard||DE Frankfurt Leeuw T: Sanofi Aventis GmbH (DE)|
|Scott Mark||NO Oslo Eide L: Oslo University Hospital HF (NO)|
|Treberg Jason R||CA Winnipeg Treberg JR: Department of Biological Sciences, University of Manitoba (CA)|
|Valenzuela Limiñana Rita||ES Santiago De Compostela Mendez-Alvarez E: Laboratory of Neuroanatomy and Experimental Neurology, Department of Morphological Sciences, University of Santiago de Compostela (ES)|
|Van Hove Johan||US CO Denver Van Hove J: University of Colorado, Department Pedriatics, Section of Clinical Genetics and Metabolism (US)|
|Van Schaardenburgh Michel||NO Trondheim Rognmo O: Cardiac Exercise Research Group, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (NO)|
Hot topics in mitochondrial physiology - abstracts
|Gomez Rodriguez 2013 Abstract IOC75||Gomez Rodriguez A (2013) ß-adrenergic receptor signaling interruption with two β-blockers (atenolol or nebivolol) can modify different oxidative stress related parameters linked to longevity in mouse liver. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.03.|
|Fessel 2013 Abstract IOC75||Fessel JP (2013) Structural, functional, and signaling abnormalities in mitochondria and multiple organ systems in a novel zebrafish model of multiple Acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency (MADD). Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.03.|
|Porter 2013 Abstract IOC75||Porter C (2013) Severe thermal trauma alters adipose tissue mitochondrial function in children. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.03.|
|Camacho-Pereira 2013 Abstract IOC75||Camacho-Pereira J (2013) CD38 as a regulator of mitochondrial function. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.03.|
|Dohlmann 2013 Abstract IOC75||Dohlmann T (2013) Effects of high-intense interval training on mitochondrial respiratory capacity. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.03.|
|Goncalves 2013 Abstract IOC75||Goncalves V (2013) FLAVODIIRON PROTEINS: A Novel Type of Oxygen/Nitric Oxide Reductases. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.03.|
|Prouteau-Angebault 2013 Abstract IOC75||Prouteau-Angebault C (2013) Are cardiolipins involved in the mitochondrial respiratory chain defect in OPA1 mouse model? Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.03.|
|Kallijarvi 2013 Abstract IOC75||Kallijarvi J (2013) Respiratory chain dysfunction in the Complex III assembly disorder GRACILE. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.03.|
|Oliveira Pinto 2013 Abstract IOC75||Oliveira Pinto M (2013) Studies on the energy and redox metabolism of the blood fluke Schistosoma mansoni. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.03.|
|... further results|
- Pesta D, Gnaiger E (2012) High-resolution respirometry. OXPHOS protocols for human cells and permeabilized fibres from small biopsies of human muscle. Methods Mol Biol 810:25-58.
- Further reading: IOC Recommended Reading
- OROBOROS O2k-Catalogue
We kept the programme flexible, and all theoretical parts were discussion-oriented and interactive. In addition to the practical sessions, we covered some fundamentals of mitochondrial physiology and protocol design. If you want to refresh your memory on a few conventional bioenergetic terms, take a look in the MitoPedia on respiratory states - we took some time to discuss the rationale for an extension of bioenergetics to mitochondrial physiology.
- I wanted to take a few minutes to thank you from running such an excellent workshop. I learned a great deal about the instrument and have returned excited to get ours fully operational. The extracurricular activities were also very memorable. I hope to have our O2K generating data within the week. The future additional components for this system are also extremely interesting (especially the fluorescence module). - Jason R Treberg, MiPNet Lab: CA Winnipeg Treberg JR.
- I am writing first to thank the Oroboros team for the excellent reception and a very productive workshop. - Matheus Oliveira Pinto, MiPNet Lab: BR Rio de Janeiro Oliveira MF.
- It was a wonderful experience. Happy I had the chance to make it. - Michael Puskarich, MiPNet Lab: US MS Jackson Hosler J.
- The past days were truly a great experience.^ ("Die vergangenen Tage waren wirklich ein Erlebnis"). - Theresa Schoettl ^translated by OROBOROS Instruments.
- I learned a tremendous amount at the workshop [...]. After attending the workshop, I feel like I have the tools to really expand our repertoire of techniques and investigations, and I'm very excited to get going full-blast! - Patrick Joshua Fessel, MiPNet Lab US TN Nashville Fessel JP.
IOC75 OROBOROS O2k-Workshop, Schroecken, Austria, April 2013
Photos by Erich Gnaiger and Michel Van Schaardenburgh