Reference: MitoPedia: SUIT
This page is in preparation (intern wiki: )
- 1 Description
- 2 Strategy
- 3 Definition of states
- 4 Categories of SUIT protocols
- 5 SUIT protocol patterns
- 6 SUIT library
- 7 References and notes
Definition of states
- Oxygen level
- ADP kinetics
- Substrate kinetics
- Amp: Amplex Red, TMRM, Ca Green, ...
- Substrate control states are defined for each pathway control state (CI-linked, CII-linked, CI&II-linked) is defined by a specific substrate or substrate combination. These substrates may be added in a single step, or in multiple steps for analyis of the effect of different substrate combinations within a pathway control state.
- CI: PM, GM, PGM, M, ..
- CII: S(Rot), S, SM, ..
- CI&II: PS, GS, PMS, GMS, PGMS, ..
- CIV: AsTM
- FAO: Oct, Pal, ...
Define coupling states
Define residual oxygen consumption
- ROX: Rot&Ama, Rot&Mna&Ama, Myx, Cn, Az, ..
Categories of SUIT protocols
SUIT protocol patterns
Work in progress
CI + CI&II + CII diametral
- Respiratory states: CIL -> CIP -> CI&IIP -> CI&IIE -> CIIE -> ROX
- GM+D+S+U+Rot Innsbruck-Copenhagen protocol: GM+D+c+S+U+Rot ::Cyt c: added after ADP; cyt c added after S; ADP conc: _ _; ROX: Ama (Boushel 2007 Diabetologia)
CI + CI + CI&II + CII diamteral
- GM+D+P+S+U+Rot Innsbruck-Liege protocol 1: GM+D+c+P+S+U+Rot::Cytochrome c: early addition of c ensures comparability of all states in case of any c effect.
- PM+D+G+S+U+Rot Innsbruck-Liege protocol 2: PM+D+c+G+S+U+Rot
FAO + CI + CI&II + CII diametral
- Respiratory states: FAOL -> FAOP -> CI&FAOP -> CI&II&FAOP -> CI&II&FAOE -> CIIE -> ROX
- Respiratory states: FAOL -> FAOP -> CI&FAOP -> CI&II&FAOP -> CIIP -> CIIL -> CIIE -> ROX
- OctM+D+G+S+Rot+Omy+U Greenland-Monte Rosa protocol: OctM+D+G+S+Rot+Omy+U+c::Cyt c: added after U. The absence of a significant c-effect shows the integrity of the outer mitochondrial membrane after fibre preparation and also shows the preservation of integrity over a 90-100 min incubation in the O2k (MiR05); Oxygen: oxygen limitation of flux was preventd by maintaining oxygen levels in the respirometer above air saturation (Pesta 2012 Methods Mol Biol); ROX: Mna+Ama