(Redirected from OroboroPedia)
|OROBOROS||Products||Support||O2k-Publications||Workshops & Events||O2k-Network||Feedback||Company||Contact|
- Mitochondria and cell research
- Oxygraph-2k and
- High-resolution respirometry (HRR)
- OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS distributes the world-wide leading O2k-technology of high-resolution respirometry - O2k and HRR. The OROBOROS Company is fully scientifically oriented, with emphasis on continuous innovation. The extension of the Oxygraph-2k (O2k) to the O2k-Fluorometer has set a new standard for O2k-MultiSensor approaches (see OROBOROS O2k-Catalogue). The O2k is established internationally, with »1953 O2k-Publications in the scientific literature. OROBOROS has organized more than 100 international O2k-Workshops. The O2k-Network includes 492 Reference Laboratories in 45 countries.
- O2k is the acronym for the OROBOROS Oxygraph-2k and O2k-Fluorometer - the modular system for high-resolution respirometry and mitochondrial physiology. The O2k provides a unique high-resolution approach for the monitoring of cellular and mitochondrial respiratory function: high-resolution respirometry (HRR). Considering mitochondria as the powerhouses of the cell, HRR introduced the concept of cell ergometry. Are your cells MitoFit?
- HRR is applied world-wide in areas ranging from fundamental bioenergetics to the analysis of mitochondrial and metabolic diseases, advancing the rapidly growing field of preventive mitochondrial medicine. Mitochondrial fitness needs to be monitored in a variety of age-related health risks, including cardiovascular and degenerative diseases, such as type 2 diabetes, neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s), and several types of cancer.
- HRR by the OROBOROS O2k is based on a radically different systems approach to polarographic measurement of oxygen dynamics. HRR rests on several tightly connected instrumental features and concepts integrated by the DatLab software, providing real-time display of oxygen concentration and respiration (oxygen flux). The mechanics, critical selection of materials, and state-of-the-art electronics provide the basis of signal stability of an optimized polarographic oxygen sensor, in an electronically controlled thermal environment with high temperature stability. Calibrations and instrumental controls follow standard operating procedures, with highly automatic real-time analysis by the DatLab software. Scientific support is complementary to the approach of HRR.
- » A concept complete with elaborated protocols, to get started and gain competence in the expanding field of bioenergetics: » Blue Book 2014 - » O2k-Protocols.
- » Explore cell respiration and key mitochondrial functions: » HRR and the » O2k.
- » Introductory courses and advanced training: » OROBOROS_Events.
- » WorldWide distribution.