|OROBOROS||Products||Support||O2k-Publications||Workshops & Events||O2k-Network||Feedback||Company||Contact|
Schroecken AT, 2012 Dec 05-10. O2k-Workshop on high-resolution respirometry: O2k-Basic, IOC72.
Abstract: O2k-Workshop on High-Resolution Respirometry: O2k-Basic. Schroecken, Vorarlberg, Austria 2012 December 05 to 10
Additional: ORO, IOC, 2012
Team and guest tutors
- Gnaiger Erich, CEO, OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS and Medical University of Innsbruck, D. Swarovski Research Laboratory
- Burtscher Johannes, OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS and Medical University of Innsbruck
- Fontana-Ayoub Mona, BMA, OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS
|Ali Sameh S||EG Giza Ali SS: Center for Aging and Associated Diseases, Helmy Institute of Medical Sciences (EG)|
|Amoedo Nivea Dias||BR Rio de Janeiro Rumjanek FD: Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Medical Biochemistry Institute (BR)|
|Atlante Anna||IT Bari Atlante A: Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, IBBE (IT)|
|Bikman Benjamin T||US UT Provo Bikman BT: Brigham Young University (US)|
|Bresciani Martins de Andrade Paula||BR Sao Paulo Bresciani Martins de Andrade P: Institute of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences, Cruzeiro do Sul University (BR)|
|Colleoni Francesca||UK Cambridge Murray AJ: Department of Physiology, Development & Neuroscience, University of Cambridge (UK)|
|Dudzinska Dominika||PL Lodz Watala C: Department of Haemostasis and Haemostatic Disorders, Medical University of Lodz (PL)|
|Dzialowski Edward M||US TX Denton Dzialowski EM: Department of Biological Sciences, University of North Texas (US)|
|Friederich Marisa||US CO Denver Van Hove J: University of Colorado (US)|
|Goy Sarah||US TX Denton Dzialowski EM: Department of Biological Sciences, University of North Texas (US)|
|Horscroft James A||UK Cambridge Murray AJ: Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge (UK)|
|Irving Brian A||US PA Danville Irving BA: Obesity Institute Center for Nutrition and Weight Management (US)|
|Kamath Vasudeva G||US MI Mt Pleasant McKee E: College of Medicine, Central Michigan University (US)|
|Karlsson Michael||SE Lund Elmer E: Mitochondrial Pathophysiology Unit, University Lund (SE)|
|Lai Nicola||US OH Cleveland Hoppel CL: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Center for Mitochondrial Diseases (US)|
|Leo Elettra||DE Bremerhaven Mark FC: Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research (DE)|
|Leonhardt Andrea||DE Frankfurt Leeuw T: Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH (DE)|
|Lundby Stine||CH Zurich Lundby C: Institute of Physiology, University Zuerich (CH)|
|Petrosillo Guiseppe||IT_Bari_Atlante A: Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University Bari (IT)|
|Pidcoke Heather||US TX Houston Cap AP: US Army Institute of Surgical Research (US)|
|Rodrigues Mariana F||BR Rio de Janeiro Rumjanek FD: Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Medical Biochemistry Institute (BR)|
|Romestaing Caroline||FR Villeurbanne Romestaing C: Laboratoire de Physiologie Intégrative, Cellulaire et Moléculaire (FR)|
|Senyilmaz Deniz||DE Heidelberg Teleman A: German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) (DE)|
|Shahini Albana||SE Lund Elmer E: NeuroVive, Pharmaceuticals AB (SE)|
|Sirsat Tushar||US TX Denton Dzialowski EM: Department of Biological Sciences, University of North Texas (US)|
|Sparks Lauren M||US FL Orlando Sparks LM: Burnham Institute for Medical Research (US)|
|Surampudi Vasudha||US VA Richmond Iyer S: Center for the Study of Biological Complexity, Virginia Commonwealth University (US)|
|Towheed Mohammad Atif||US PA Pittsburgh Palladino MJ: Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (PIND), University of Pittsburgh (US)|
|Tsygankova Polina||RU Moscow Itkis YS: Lab metab. Disorders, Research centre for medical genetics (RU)|
|Wohlwend Martin||NO Trondheim Rognmo O: K.G. Jebsen Centre of Exercise in Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (NO)|
Hot topics in mitochondrial physiology - abstracts
|Dzialowski 2012 Abstract IOC72||Dzialowski EM, Sirsat T, Goy S (2012) T3: Does it really make the alligator go “Tick, Tock”? Mitochondr Physiol Network 17.13.|
|Horscroft 2012 Abstract IOC72||Horscroft JA, Kotwica AO, Ashmore T, Colleoni F, Morash AJ, Gilbert E, Gnaiger E, Martin DS, Murray AJ (2012) Mitochondrial function at altitude in lowland Europeans and highland Sherpas. Mitochondr Physiol Network 17.13.|
|Irving 2012 Abstract IOC72||Irving BA (2012) AgRP deficient female mice have elevated body weight and hypothalamic mitochondrial oxidative capacity. Mitochondr Physiol Network 17.13.|
|Kamath 2012 Abstract IOC72||Kamath VG, Lizenby ZJ, Adusumilli VRKR, Hsiung CH, McKee EE (2012) Measuring mitochondrial OXPHOS as a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor induced cardiac toxicity endpoint. Mitochondr Physiol Network 17.13.|
|Rodrigues 2012 Abstract IOC72||Rodrigues MF, Amoedo ND, Rumjanek FD (2012) Studies of bioenergetics alterations in breast cancer lines induced by sodium butyrate. Mitochondr Physiol Network 17.13.|
|Towheed 2012 Abstract IOC72||Towheed A (2012) Elucidating pathogenesis of ATP synthase dysfunction in a Drosophila model of mitochondrial encephalomyopathy. Mitochondr Physiol Network 17.13.|
- Pesta D, Gnaiger E (2012) High-resolution respirometry. OXPHOS protocols for human cells and permeabilized fibres from small biopisies of human muscle. Methods Mol Biol 810: 25-58.
- Further reading: IOC recommended reading
- OROBOROS O2k-Catalogue
- I really enjoyed the workshop and learnt a great deal from Erich and other guest tutors about mito physiology and O2k. It was really an experience to treasure. - Mohammad Atif Towheed, MiPNet Lab: US PA Pittsburgh Palladino MJ.
- My students and I had a fabulous time at the workshop. It was a great experience for my students and I think we all learned a lot. - Edward M Dzialowski, MiPNet Lab: US TX Denton Dzialowski EM.
- I would like to thank for opportunity to take part in this impressive scientific events - the O2k-Workshop and Bioblast - and for all the great hospitality during my stay in Austria. - Dominika Dudzinska, MiPNet Lab: PL Lodz Watala C.
- Thanks so much! The workshop was a fantastic experience for me! - Lauren M Sparks, MiPNet Lab: US FL Orlando Sparks LM .
- The workshop was very interesting and the place was awesome. - Nicola Lai, MiPNet Lab: US OH Cleveland Hoppel CL.
- Thanks for a really cool workshop in Schrocken! It is by far the best “conference/workshop/meeting” I have attended. - Lundby Stine, MiPNet Lab: CH Zurich Lundby C.
Impressions of the IOC72
Pictures by Erich Gnaiger and Gergely Kiss
O2k-Workshops are listed as MitoGlobal Events.