|COST Action MITOEAGLE||Working Groups||MITOEAGLE Events||Previous: Verona||Next: Barcelona||Short-Term Scientific Missions||Management Committee||Members|
Evolution-Age-Gender-Lifestyle-Environment » COST Action CA15203 Mitochondrial fitness mapping
MitoPedia topics: EAGLE
COST WG4: WG4
|Name||Mészáros András, PhD|
|Institution|| University of Szeged
School of Medicine
Institute of Surgical Research
|Address||Szokefalvi-Nagy Bela street 6., 6720|
|O2k-Network Lab||HU Szeged Boros M|
Labels: Field of research: Basic Topics: hypoxia, reoxygenation, electrophyl methyl groups (EMGs), methane, long-chain fatty acids
|Strifler 2016 PLOS ONE||2016||Strifler G, Tuboly E, Szél E, Kaszonyi E, Cao C, Kaszaki J, Mészáros A, Boros M, Hartmann P (2016) Inhaled methane limits the mitochondrial electron transport chain dysfunction during experimental liver ischemia-reperfusion injury. PLOS ONE 11:e0146363.|
|Strifler 2016 Magyar Sebeszet||2016||Strifler G, Meszaros A, Pecz D, Ficzere A, Barath B, Mihaly B, Hartmann P (2016) A májfunkció vizsgálata respirometriával - Examination of liver mitochondria with respirometry. Magyar Sebészet 69:194–8.|
|Meszaros 2014 Abstract MiP2014||2014||Methodological aspects of assessing mitochondrial function in small intestinal mucosal samples of rats and guinea pigs.|
MITOEAGLE Short-Term Scientific Mission
- Motivation letter
- My name is András Mészáros and I am working as associate professor in the Ins1itute of Surgical Research at the University of Szeged, Hungary. I got my M.D. degree in 2012 and I was working as PhD fellow in the same institute for three years subsequently before taking the current position.
- My main research interest is to understand mitochondrial dysfunctiond uring oxido-reductive stress conditions( hypoxia,ischemia reperfusion) in animal models and cultured cells. My further aim is to characterize acting mechanism of novel biologically active gaseous compounds in mitochondria.
- I have been working with high resolution respirometry and basic fluorometry for three years,gaining experience maínly with tissue homogenate and isolated mitochondría. An essential step now is to extend my expertise toward assessment of other functíons than oxygen consumption.
- The main objective of the planned STSM training ís to get acquainted with and to standardize fluorometric measurements of isolated mitochondria and cultured cells.
- During the 8 days of short-term visit at the MitoFit Laboratory three new techniques could be learned:(l) measurement of reactive oxygen species production of permeabilized cells using H2O2-sensitive fluorescent probes;( 2) determination of mitochondrial membrane potential and (3) assessment of mitochondrial phosphate/oxygen ratio by measuring ATP levels fluorometrically.
- Preparation and execution of each method will be learned with emphasis on internal quality control and possible adaptation of measurement protocols to samples from various tissues.Furthermore, we are going to use tools of complex data analysis and calibration.
- Fulfillment of the proposed research plan during the STSM training would contribute significantly to the objectives of the MITOEAGLE Working Group 1 (standardizatin of protocols in respirometry).I wish to actively participate in the MITOEAGLE project,in, among others,establishing and testing reference protocols to provide basis for comparison of results obtained in various laboratories. To this end,a short stay at the MitoFit Laboratory of Oroboros Instruments could provide a perfect platform having up-to-date instrumental background,well established measurement protocols and top level proficiency.
- Motivation letter
- STSM request: download pdf
- Benefits for COST and for the COST Action MITOEAGLE
- I am working mainly with immune cells from blood and liver mitochondria, while enterocytes and epithelial cells are the major targets of my plans for the next few months.